Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Even Deities Rest One Day a Week

Well let's start with acknowledging an achievement.

Mini Run Goal #3: Achieved!
So for three full weeks of the Couch to 5km programme i have done every scheduled run. I am pretty pleased with myself.

Yesterday at lunch I did W3R3. So that is 9 runs so far. My knees were feeling I think slightly stronger going in but still very sore. I am still hobbling stiffly after runs and for several days but my impression is that they are recovering a little better over the last couple of days. I am bouyed by the idea that they could be getting a little stronger. They still hurt plenty though! Last night for example I had to get up and take pain killers in order to get to sleep.

I was out late last night so I'll try to post W3R3 heart rate graph with some momentary tonight. Today (Wednesday) is rest day. Two days off from running and with a swim tomorrow.

Maybe tonight I'll recount for you Lama Choedak Rinpoche's metaphor of the old sofa as requested by my loyal readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment