Friday, February 4, 2011

Technical Genius

After an hour or so cursing my cycling computer the other night, I implemented the radical technical solution of pointing the Infrared dongle thingy at the actual IR window on my CS600x rather than just the face of it (as it shows in the online manual mind).  And what do you know?  It worked instantly.  Who'd have thought it?

Anyway couple of HR charts for your elucidation.

First W2R3 6x 1.5 min intervals.  You can clearly see the 6 intervals in which I slightly increased the speed.



Now look at W3R1 with 2x  1.5 min then 3 min intervals.  Notice how the second peak (8.6km/h is well up into the red zone) whereas the first interval (8.5km/h) isn't quite as high.  Its nice to be able to explain physiologically what I was feeling experientially.  It somehow makes it 'ok'.  Half of this is about tricking your mind that you are succeeding and therefore not self sabotaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment