Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Tragedy

A short post today for reasons that will become obvious.  I went to the gym and here is the graph. 

The run went pretty well.  The biggest problem I had was a bit of muscular discomfort in the legs.  I am sure knees are coping better with running and recovering faster though.

My game plan was to start a bit slower today so that I didn't peak too soon.  I stuck to a speed of 8.0 which kept me mostly in Zone 4 and I didn't have too much problem regulating my breathing and distracting myself from the doubts that creep into my mind telling me to stop.  In fact the first 3 minute run went very quickly.  The 5 minute runs where a bit harder but I made it through ok.  On the last one I dropped the speed to 7.8 which plataeud the HR at about 166.  This was the only time I got into Zone 5 and I was relatively comfortable maintaining this.  As my HR got up into the high 160s I dropped the speed and it steadied out.  That was about halfway through the 5 mins.  Not too much problem seeing it through (leg discomfort aside).

I might have been a bit flat as I realised about half way through the run that I hadn't eaten any breakfast.  What, you may wonder, would make a man like me forget to eat breakfast?  Well try having someone shot dead in your front yard.  That will take your mind off your Cheerios, trust me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment